Our School Council is made up of children who are elected representatives from each year group. The Foundation Stage contributions are shared with the council members by their class teacher.
The council meets each week during term time to discuss issues raised at class councils and the children are given an opportunity to share ideas about proposed improvements to the school.
We have our own notice board with our visual action plan displayed on it and a suggestions box for all of the school to use, including the adults.
Children who are elected onto the School Council agree to follow the rules below :
The School Council Rules are as follows:
All l Council members must:
• be respectful and listen to others
• contribute or participate actively in meetings
• follow the school rules / values and be role models to other pupils
• model good behaviour at all times
• be polite and courteous to others
• not refer to specific individuals or groups during discussions
• use their position on School Council to support and develop the ethos of our school
The School Council has made some big differences to our school – they have changed how our lunch times are organised, held bring and buy sales to raise money for charity and new playground equipment and library books.
They have introduced :
Rules for the playground and a playground buddy system.