Waterhouses Christian Vision
‘Let your light shine!’
Make your light shine, so others will see the good you do and will praise your Father in heaven.
Pupils are chosen to become members of the Worship Council. As we are a church school, we want to help everyone to enjoy worshipping God.
Our Worship Council is made up of representatives from years 4 – 6 and members wear a blue badge to make them identifiable to their peers, staff and other visitors to school.
This is what we do:
• Help to plan and lead Worship.
• Help Mrs Linton in Worship and at Church services by acting out plays, telling stories and reading prayers.
• Discuss Worship and how it can be even better with staff and Foundation Governors.
• Help choose worship songs.
• Have ideas for prayers.
• Demonstrate how we use the school Vision and Values within our school.
• Articulate what the Vision means to them and their friends.
• Think and talk about the Christian Distinctiveness of our school and how it can be further improved.
• Keeping Prayer tables and reflection areas tidy.
• Monitor the playground looking for children who don’t have anyone to play with, so they can invite them to join in their games with them.
• Meet every four weeks, discuss how they feel school is moving forward especially with a focus on our Christian Distinctiveness.
Remember, even if you are not a Worship Council representative this year, everyone has an important part to play in the life of our school and demonstrating daily, the Christian vision and values that we are proud of and that demonstrate our distinctively Christian Distinctiveness.
If you have any good ideas about how we can show service to others, live by our school vision and values or improve the Christian ethos and atmosphere of our school, tell your Worship Council representatives, as they will bring them to our meetings to discuss and work on.
From all of the Worship Councillors thank you for taking the time to read our page and ‘Let your light shine!’